Time & Location
Jul 19, 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
Round Lake Charter School, 31333 Round Lake Rd. Mount Dora, FL 32757
About ST7 Alternate Tryout
ST7 is truly excited to announce tryouts for our 2023 - 2024 Club Season. This will be our 10th season in Lake County Florida offering top-quality professional training to young athletes in a healthy and encouraging environment. Our professional coaching and administrative staff are dedicated to the success of each athlete both on and off the court. Your athlete's success is our greatest reward. Over the past 10 years, with the support of our ST7 coaches and administration, our young athletes have accomplished their goals. 100% of our senior athletes who wanted to play collegiate volleyball have signed to play at DI, DII, and DIII schools next year. Numerous ST7 athletes have been named AAU Academic All-Americans. Three have been selected as USAV Scholarship recipients. Many more have received All-Tournament awards and High School MVP awards. Come experience the ST7 difference!
Below you will find the available information for the 2023 - 2024 club season tryout. If after reading through the information, you have any further questions, do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Club Season with ST7 Volleyball, please click here.
What do I do if I can’t make it on the date of tryouts? If you can not make it to tryouts on the date of your age division's tryouts, you will need to schedule an evaluation to occur BEFORE the date of your age division's tryouts. Please email us at email@example.com to schedule a pre-tryout evaluation for your athlete(s).
In order to participate in ST7 Tryouts, parents will need to provide a birth certificate and signed electronic waiver. Please see the details below.
1. Athletes will need to try out with their natural age division according to the USAV age chart. *Athletes will need to bring a copy of their birth certificate to tryouts to provide proof of natural age. *2022-23 club members do not need to bring their birth certificate.
2. Mandatory Online Waiver - All athletes must complete the online waiver prior to arrival for tryouts. Click here to sign the waiver.
Age Definition Guideline for both AAU Volleyball and USA Volleyball:
- 14 & Under - Players who were born on or after July 1, 2009
- 15 & Under - Players who were born on or after July 1, 2008
- 16 & Under – Players who were born on or after July 1, 2007
- 17 & Under - Players who were born on or after July 1, 2006
- 18 & Under – Players who were born on or after July 1, 2005, OR players who were born on or after July 1, 2004, and are in the 11th grade during the current academic year.
- Once a player participates in a club or varsity program for any university, college, community college, or junior college, he or she is ineligible to play in the National Championships.
Tryout Guidelines for Current or Previous ST7 Members: ST7 reserves the right to refuse tryout registration to any athletes with poor discipline, attendance records, or conduct detrimental to the team. Tryout registration may also be refused for athletes or parents/legal guardians who have demonstrated disharmony regarding the purpose, objectives, standards, policies, rules, or regulations of the club. In addition, athletes will not be allowed to register for tryouts until all financial obligations for the athlete or any immediate family member of the athlete are brought current. Any athlete who left a previous season without completing their financial obligations or the financial obligations of an immediate family member will have to pay any outstanding balance and pay at least half of the upcoming club season’s fees in order to be re-signed.
Tryout Criteria: Athletes are evaluated based on their skills, fundamentals, teamwork, communication, attitude, discipline, leadership, positions, and other skills and attributes. All of these factors will be taken into consideration in the placement decisions.
Tryout Fee: This fee covers all expenses related to tryouts for one athlete for the 2023-2024 club volleyball season with ST7; including coaches fee, court rental, and administrative fees. Payment of the tryout fee does not guarantee placement on a club team for the 2023-2024 club season nor will the fee be refunded if an athlete is not placed on a team. Register by June 30, 2023, to pay the reduced tryout fee of $50. Beginning July 1st, the tryout fee will be $75. The tryout fee may be refunded if the tryout is canceled with written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours prior to the tryout date registered for. If canceled with less than 48 hours' notice, there will be no refund.
1. By 9:00 pm on July 20th, ST7 will post the names of the 15U - 18U athletes who were placed on an ST7 club team on our website www.st7volleyball.com. Once you have logged into our website, select the menu at the top and then select 2023 - 24 Club Season Team Placement Info. Athletes and parents must visit the website on this date in order to verify if their athlete was placed on a team.
2. If placed, an athlete must confirm their commitment to the season within 24 hours by reading the ST7 Parent/Athlete Handbook and signing the letter of commitment. The letter of commitment will be available as an electronic link online with the tryout results by 9:00 pm on July 20th. If we do not receive the signed letter of commitment within 24 hours of placement, we will assume you are not committing and may offer your position to another athlete. If your athlete is placed but you choose to not commit to the season, please email us at email@example.com. To read the ST7 Parent/Athlete Handbook: Click here.
3. The first payment of $550 must be paid by Saturday, July 22nd. This commitment payment will cover the cost of the athlete's uniform package. An electronic Quickbooks invoice will be sent by email once the letter of commitment is signed on July 21st. Payment may be made by bank transfer or credit card. *Please note, if using a credit card there is a service fee of $18 for this payment.
4. On Sunday, July 23, ST7 will publish the list of committed athletes. A committed athlete is defined as an athlete who has completed signing their letter of commitment by July 21st and paid their commitment fee by July 22nd. Once committed, athletes will need to attend a uniform sizing, provide further documents, and join AAU and USAV. Further details for these steps will be provided.
5. Committed athletes will need to attend a uniform fitting so that we can order their uniform. We have the following dates available for uniform fitting: July 24th, 25th and 26th from 9:30 am - 11:30 am at Round Lake Charter School.
On-site Check-inGym Entrance