Time & Location
Jul 18, 2023, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
Mount Dora, 31333 Round Lake Rd, Mt Dora, FL 32757, USA
About ST7 Alternate Tryout
Below you will find the available information for the 2023 - 2024 season. If after reading through the information found below, you have any further questions, do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about our Club Season please click here.
What do I do if I can’t make it on the date of tryouts? If you can not make it to tryouts on July 18th, you will need to schedule an evaluation BEFORE tryouts. Please email us at email@example.com to schedule a pre-tryout evaluation for your athlete(s).
Registration is from 6pm - 7pm
Tryout is from 7pm - 9pm
In order to participate in ST7 Tryouts, please complete all the forms listed below and bring them to turn in on the day of tryouts.
1. Athletes will need to try out with their natural age division according to the USAV age chart. *Athletes will need to bring a copy of their birth certificate to tryouts to provide proof of natural age. *2022-23 club members do not need to bring their birth certificate.
2. Mandatory Online Waiver - All athletes must complete the online waiver prior to arrival for tryouts. Click here to sign the waiver
Age Definition Guideline for both AAU Volleyball and USA Volleyball:
- 15 & Under - Players who were born on or after July 1, 2008
- 16 & Under – Players who were born on or after July 1, 2007
- 17 & Under - Players who were born on or after July 1, 2006
- 18 & Under – Players who were born on or after July 1, 2005, OR players who were born on or after July 1, 2004 and are in the 11th grade during the current academic year.
- Once a player participates in a club or varsity program for any university, college, community college or junior college, he or she is ineligible to play in the National Championships.
Tryout Criteria: Athletes are evaluated based on their skills, fundamentals, teamwork, communication, attitude, discipline, leadership, positions, and other skills and attributes. All of these factors will be taken into consideration in the placement decisions.
Tryout Guidelines for Current ST7 Members: ST7 reserves the right to refuse tryout registration to any athletes with poor discipline, attendance records, or conduct detrimental to the team. Tryout registration may also be refused for athletes or parents/legal guardians who have demonstrated disharmony regarding the purpose, objectives, standards, policies, rules, or regulations of the club. In addition, athletes will not be allowed to register for tryouts until all financial obligations for the athlete or any immediate family member of the athlete are brought current. Any athlete who left a previous season without completing their financial obligations or the financial obligations of an immediate family member will have to pay any outstanding balance and pay at least half of the upcoming club season’s fees in order to be re-signed.
Tryout Fee: Payment of the tryout fee does not guarantee placement on a club team and is non-refundable. Register by June 30, 2023 to pay the reduced tryout fee of $50. Beginning July 1st, the tryout fee will be $75.
Team Placement: ST7 will post the names of the athletes who were placed on an ST7 club team on our website www.st7volleyball.com on July 20th. Athletes and parents must visit the website to verify if their athlete was placed.
Athlete Commitment Requirements: If placed, an athlete must confirm their commitment to the season within 24 hours by reading the ST7 Parent/Athlete Handbook and signing the letter of commitment. If we do not receive the signed letter of commitment within 24 hours of placement, we will assume you are not committing and may offer your position to another athlete. If your athlete is placed but you choose to not commit to the season, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Payment: The first payment of $550 must be paid by Saturday, July 22. This commitment payment will cover the cost of the athlete's uniform package. An electronic Quickbooks invoice will be sent by email on July 21st. Payment may be made by bank transfer or credit card. *If using a credit card there is a service fee of $18 for this payment.
Committed Athletes: On Sunday, July 23, ST7 will publish the list of committed athletes. A committed athlete is defined as an athlete who has completed signing their letter of commitment by July 21st and paid their commitment fee by July 22nd. Once committed, athletes will need to attend a uniform sizing, provide further documents, and join AAU and USAV. Further details for these steps will be provided.